Digital Marketing Coordinator Internship
Vancouver-based Webnames.ca is Canada’s original domain name registrar, founded by the innovators behind the .CA domain name. Canadian owned and operated since 2000, Webnames has two lines of business: Webnames Corporate, which specializes in corporate domain management for leading Canadian brands and government, and Webnames.ca, where Canadians can find the domain names, hosting, professional email, and website security tools they need to make a name for themselves online. A certified women-owned and minority-owned business, Webnames cares about diversity and has a deep commitment to excellence in customer service that sets it apart in its industry for 20-years.
Why we do what we do
Webnames seeks to be an "Ally on the Web" to help clients, everywhere, reach the full potential of their online presence. The core values that underpin our success are:
- Amaze every customer with exceptional service
- Always be improving (striving for excellence)
- Make a positive difference
Webnames is seeking a driven, curious, collaborative and self-motivated digital marketer to join its marketing team where you will help drive our strategic business goals, exude our brand values and enhance our reputation. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will touch a number of business areas, products and projects with a scope of work that addresses SEO content development, development of paid and owned digital marketing campaigns, social media content creation and channel management, analytics analysis and reporting and competitive research. Depending on the successful applicant’s areas of interest and /or expertise, this role has flexibility to be tailored to their growth and strengths.
At present, most of Webnames’ team is working remotely. Preference may be given candidates from the Lower Mainland as the company is based in Vancouver, but we are open to applicants from across the province of British Columbia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and develop quality, brand aligned digital content including landing pages, blog articles, white paper and infographics, with attention to technical SEO best practices whenever relevant
- Work with marketing team to identify and execute on SEO opportunities across Webnames’ web properties to improve search rankings, extend organic reach and increase referral traffic from target markets
- Monitor, analyze and report on web analytics, providing recommendations for short and long-term improvements
- Assist in the development, set-up, execution, management and optimization of both of earned and paid (Google, Facebook, LinkedIn) multi-channel digital marketing campaigns
- Strategize, create and schedule digital content for Webnames social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn. Monitor, engage and respond to social conversation for Webnames across these platforms with an understanding of our brand values, voice, and positioning
- Conduct competitor research and present meaningful insights and recommendations to the team around positioning, price and promotion of digital products
- Liaise with organizations, affiliates and partners to coordinate opportunities and fulfill obligations around digital sponsorships, online content sharing, social media promotion, webinar presentations
- Jump in as required to provide support across various digital marketing projects in areas of research, creative ideation, communications and asset development
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in marketing, communications, or related field
- Ideally 1-2 years’ experience experience in digital marketing, co-op and volunteer placements are acceptable
- Excellent writer and adept communicator across digital channels with strong narrative storytelling skills
- Strong interest and comprehension of SEO best practices in writing and editing content for the web
- Experience managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) with strong understanding of their differences in audience and business application
- Extra points for prior experience designing, setting-up, and optimizing paid digital advertising campaigns resulting in positive ROI
- Experience using, analyzing and reporting on performance metrics via Google Analytics and other analytics platforms
- Proficient in WordPress, Canva/Adobe, Microsoft Office Suite and able to quickly learn new platforms and CMS’s
- Curious, positive, collaborative and possessing excellent self-management, research and organizational skills
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone enquiries please.