Last published: Nov 14, 2014
THIS POLICY GOVERNS THE USE OF THE WEBNAMES.CA WEBSITES AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY WEBNAMES.CA.
Webnames.ca takes stringent efforts to ensure that all Domain Names registered through us comply with both our Terms and Conditions
, as well as any Supplementary Agreements
instituted by related Registries. Webnames.ca also has a zero tolerance spam policy as per our Webnames Email Services Acceptable Use Policy
. Our efforts are purposed to prevent the abuse of our domain registration infrastructure, web hosting, email services, and DNS services.
Please use the contact information below to report any issues regarding spam and/or the misuse of our services:
Procedure for receipt, handling, tracking of abuse reports:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone (Office Hours): 1 866 221-7878
- Phone (After Hours): 1 800 822-1958
Please note that due to the volume of complaints received, unless additional information is required from you, you will not receive a reply or update from us. We review all complaints within 24 hours of receipt for validity and will take appropriate action. As part of our investigation it may be necessary for us to corroborate your complaint with our customer. Please be assured that we take abuse very seriously and investigate each incident that is reported. We reserve the right to judge the appropriate response at our sole discretion or as required by Canadian law. Abuse reports are maintained on record for at least two (2) years and during such period, shall provide such records to ICANN upon request.
Use of the Websites and Services provided by Webnames.ca (referred to as "Webnames.ca
", and "Our
") must be lawful, ethical, and respectful of the legal rights and interests of all other persons. We may in Our discretion suspend or terminate access to or use of the Websites or Services that violate this Acceptable Use Policy.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following rules apply to the use of Our Websites and Services:
Compliance, Consequences, and Law Enforcement Disclosure:
- Lawful Use: Use of the Websites and Services must comply with all applicable laws. The Websites and Services must not be used to post, upload, reproduce, distribute, publish, or otherwise transmit any information or materials that violate any applicable laws.
- Other Person's Rights: Use of the Websites and Services must not infringe the rights (including without limitation personal information privacy, personality and intellectual property rights) of any other person, or assist any person to infringe the rights of any other person. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, use of the Websites and Services must not include any information or material that is or could be considered to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of any other person’s privacy, promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- No Disruptive Use: The Websites and Services must not be used or permitted to be used, directly or indirectly, in any manner or for any purpose that damages, disables, harms, overburdens or impairs any portion of the Websites or Services or Our systems or any other person’s use and enjoyment of the Websites or Services or the Internet generally, or has the potential to do any of the foregoing, including without limitation an excessive amount of email or Internet traffic, an excessive distribution of data, or any other uses that may damage, disrupt, compromise or degrade the integrity, efficiency, performance or security of the Websites or Services or that may otherwise cause, facilitate, or result in the circumvention or breach of any user authentication, password, code, security or control measures regarding the Websites or Services or any other Internet resource or computer system.
- No Spam: The Websites and Services must not be used to directly or indirectly post, upload, reproduce, distribute or otherwise transmit, or collect responses from or benefit from, any unauthorized or unsolicited email messages, unsolicited junk or bulk messages, unsolicited commercial messages, chain letters, or other forms of spam. We reserve the right to determine in its discretion whether a message constitutes spam.
- No Harmful Content. The Websites and Services must not be used to directly or indirectly distribute, transmit, communicate, or otherwise make available any materials that contain any intentional or unintentional virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb, cancelbot, spyware, malware, disabling device or other computer code that may damage, disrupt, disable, compromise, degrade, harm, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate, interrupt, lock, disable, erase, limit the functionality or use of, or otherwise adversely affect, or facilitate unauthorized access to or use of, the Websites, Services or any other computer system, hardware, software, telecommunications equipment, or data, or any materials that have had any copyright management information or controls altered or removed without the express permission of the owner of the materials.
- Prohibited Purposes. The Websites and Services must not be used, directly or indirectly, for any purpose or in any manner that is or may be abusive, contain nudity, deceptive, defamatory, derogatory, discriminatory, false, fraudulent, harassing, harmful, hateful, indecent, intimidating, invasive of the privacy rights of others, libelous, misleading, objectionable, obscene, offensive, pornographic, profane, racist, sexist, sexually explicit, slanderous, threatening, violent, vulgar, unlawful or otherwise objectionable (as determined by Us in Our discretion), or which advocate, depict, encourage, or tend to incite any such conduct, the commission of a crime or other unlawful activities.
- No Music or Video Distribution. The Services must not be used to directly or indirectly distribute, transmit, perform, communicate or otherwise make available any music or video content or other works or materials owned by other persons.
- Prohibited Products or Services. The Services must not be used to sell or promote, or facilitate transactions relating to, escort services; firearms; illegal drugs; information used to circumvent copy-protection devices; pharmaceutical or other controlled substances; sexual or adult paraphernalia; unauthorized copies of computer programs; weapons or instructions how to assemble, make or use weapons; or any products or services that are unlawful under any applicable laws.
- No Gaming. The Services must not be used to directly or indirectly offer or participate in gambling or other forms of gaming (including without limitation sweepstakes, raffles, lotteries, contests, or pyramid or Ponzi schemes).
- Proper Identity/No Misrepresentation: The Services must not be used to directly or indirectly distribute, transmit, perform, communicate or otherwise make available any email or other materials that contain modified, falsified, or forged address information, message headers, content, material, or other identifiers, or that impersonate other persons or otherwise disguise the origin of the email or materials, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with another person.
- Use of Other Services: The services of another on-line service provider must not be used to engage in or facilitate any activity that violates this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Notices: Use of the Websites and Services must comply with all notices We may send to you or post on the Website regarding proper use of the Websites and Services.
We may in Our discretion determine whether this Acceptable Use Policy has been violated, and may take such technological and other steps as We consider appropriate in Our discretion to stop the violation of this Acceptable Use Policy or other breach of the Agreement.
Our failure to enforce this Acceptable Use Policy, for whatever reason, will not be construed as a waiver of any preceding or subsequent violation of this Acceptable Use Policy. We will not be liable to You or any other person for failure to enforce this Acceptable Use Policy.
We may in Our discretion report perceived violations of this Acceptable Use Policy or applicable laws to law enforcement authorities. We will co-operate fully with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected unlawful conduct, including disclosing individual's personal information (including email account information and payment information), and copies of email and other materials used in connection with the Websites and Services.
This Acceptable Use Policy is subject to change by Us without notice.