What is the .lotto generic Top Level Domain Extension?
There are government-operated lotteries in every Canadian province, 43 U.S. states. It is also estimated that over two million people play the lottery each week. That means there is a lot of opportunity with the new gtld, .lotto. If you are an entertainment business that provides games and lotteries to your visitors, a .lotto domain name will be a great asset to your online domain portfolio. Allow your site and your brand to be instantly recognizable and help others find your business on the Internet. Register a .lotto domain name for an online store, information site, blog, lottery results and much more. Get online with a new .lotto Top Level Domain extension.
.lotto gTLD Requirements
The new gTLD applications for the applicant, Afilias Limited, are still being reviewed but you can expect to see some extensions, like .lotto become available in 2013 when they are released by ICANN.
Highly Regulated Domain
.lotto is a "Highly Regulated Domain" which is subject to additional requirements mandated by ICANN.
- Legal Compliance: Registrants must comply with all applicable laws, including laws relating to privacy, data collection, consumer protection (including in relation to misleading and deceptive conduct) and applicable consumer laws in respect of fair lending, debt collection, organic farming (if applicable), disclosure of data and financial regulations;
- Health and Financial Information: Registrants must acknowledge and agree that those who collect and maintain sensitive health and financial data must implement reasonable and appropriate security measures commensurate with the offering of those services, as defined by applicable law;
- Abuse Contact Information: Registrants must provide administrative contact information, which must be kept up-to-date, for the notification of complaints or reports of registration abuse, as well as the contact details of the relevant regulatory, or industry self-regulatory, bodies in your main place of business;
- Possession of Necessary Credentials: Registrants must represent that he/she possesses any necessary authorizations, charters, licenses and/or other related credentials for participation in the sector associated with such Highly Regulated TLD; and
- Report Material Changes to Credentials: Registrants must report any material changes to the validity of the Registrant’s authorizations, charters licenses and/or other related credentials for participation in the sector associated with the Highly Regulated TLD to ensure the Registrant continues to conform to the appropriate regulations and licensing requirements and generally conduct activities in the interests of the consumer served.