What is the .GAY generic Top Level Domain Extension?
.GAY is a new domain extension for businesses, organizations, and individuals who wish to express support, inclusivity, and alignment with the LGBTQ community - and standout as an ally online.
As a 3-character extension and internationally used term, .GAY is poised to become the authoritative domain extension and intuitive web address for LGBTQ content and causes.
For even more information about the .GAY launch and tips for securing your desired .GAY domain name, check out our blog post: Register .GAY & Wave a Virtual Pride Flag
Why choose to register the .GAY domain extension?
- Show your pride and support for the LGBTQ community
- Indicate that your services, products, events and initiatives are relevant to an LGBTQ audience and their supporters
- Signal you're inclusive by using .gay for corporate programs or diversity initiatives
- Bring together LGTBQ members and allies in your area
- Support nonprofits like GLAAD and CenterLink that are working to address issues of importance to LGBTQ communities
While a small number of. GAY domains are either reserved or available at premium prices, most names in .GAY will bee available on a first-come first-serve basis during Early Access Period (EAP), followed by General Availability starting on September 16, 2020 at 15:00 UTC (11 am Eastern; 8 am Pacific).
.GAY gTLD Requirements
Whether you are an up-and-coming artist making your mark, an LGTBQ aligned local business, or a Fortune 500 company that prioritizes diversity and inclusion, everyone is welcome in the .GAY family! The .GAY TLD has no special registration requirements or restrictions.
A Safe Online Space
.GAY domains and their owners are protected by the .Gay Rights Protections Policy which exists to establish .GAY as a gay-friendly internet space. .GAY cannot be used for hate speech, bullying, harassment, or inciting violence, and is banned from use by recognized hate groups. Any violation of these terms will result in an immediate suspension of services.