What is the .bank generic Top Level Domain Extension?
Building trust online can be difficult especially when financial transactions are involved. As a bank, consumer confidence and trust is key to your business. The new .bank TLD provides confidence, convenience and security for individuals online. From investment banks to retail banks, you can provide instant credibility to your visitors with this new domain extension exclusive to the financial and banking community. Take banking to the next level and secure the trust of your clients on the Internet. Register a .bank domain now!
Looking for the French version of this extension? View .banque
.bank gTLD Requirements
The requirements for .bank are unknown at this time. The new gTLD applications are still being reviewed but you can expect to see some extensions become available in 2013.
Highly Regulated Domain
.bank is a "Highly Regulated Domain" which is subject to additional requirements mandated by ICANN.
- Legal Compliance: Registrants must comply with all applicable laws, including laws relating to privacy, data collection, consumer protection (including in relation to misleading and deceptive conduct) and applicable consumer laws in respect of fair lending, debt collection, organic farming (if applicable), disclosure of data and financial regulations;
- Health and Financial Information: Registrants must acknowledge and agree that those who collect and maintain sensitive health and financial data must implement reasonable and appropriate security measures commensurate with the offering of those services, as defined by applicable law;
- Abuse Contact Information: Registrants must provide administrative contact information, which must be kept up-to-date, for the notification of complaints or reports of registration abuse, as well as the contact details of the relevant regulatory, or industry self-regulatory, bodies in your main place of business;
- Possession of Necessary Credentials: Registrants must represent that he/she possesses any necessary authorizations, charters, licenses and/or other related credentials for participation in the sector associated with such Highly Regulated TLD; and
- Report Material Changes to Credentials: Registrants must report any material changes to the validity of the Registrant’s authorizations, charters licenses and/or other related credentials for participation in the sector associated with the Highly Regulated TLD to ensure the Registrant continues to conform to the appropriate regulations and licensing requirements and generally conduct activities in the interests of the consumer served.