Presence Builder is a visual editor that lets small business owners and individuals create their websites quickly and easily. With Presence Builder, you do not have to write code or configure servers to start a blog, open an online store, or set up any other form of website. You just add the content blocks that comprise your site (text, image gallery, online store) by dragging them to pages, fill these blocks with your content, and publish the result. That’s it!
Note: Web Presence Builder is available within our Advantage, Pro and Elite Hosting Packages.
To create a website with Web Presence Builder:
- Go either the Home or the Websites & Domains tab, and click the link Launch Web Presence Builder.
- As a starting point, select a topic that best suits your website.
- Edit the website:
- Structure: add more pages, remove the predefined pages that you do not need.
- Content: change the predefined content to your own, add text, images, videos, scripts, and other required elements.
- Design: change the layout and color scheme.
- Publish the website.
Start Creating a Website
Find more information about creating websites with Web Presence Builder in the section Building Websites with Web Presence Builder.
When you start working on your website, you do not have to write text, search for the images, and adjust the site look. Just choose a topic that best suits your website, and Presence Builder will generate a site template that already contains a set of pages, pictures, and text relevant to the selected topic. Each time Presence Builder generates a website, it uses a random set of element designs, so you can be sure that your website design is never repeated.
Once you have selected the topic, you will be prompted to enter some additional information that Presence Builder will add to the website's pages, for example, your phone number, which will appear on the Contact Us page.
For more details on how to start creating your website, see the section Creating a Website.
Fill the Site with Content
As soon as Presence Builder creates your website, you can fill it with your content. Your main editing tool is the Presence Builder's main menu. You can do the following by using the menu:
- Change the structure of your site: Add or remove pages.
- Edit the website design: Change colors and layout.
- Fill the site with your content: Remove unused predefined content and add your own elements:
- Images and image galleries
- Search boxes
- Other elements
- Let your visitors share the information in your website in social media such as Facebook or Twitter: Add the corresponding buttons to the pages of your site.
To learn more about actions available to you in the editor, refer to the section Getting Familiar With the Presence Builder Editor.
Find instructions on managing website look and content in the section Editing a Website.
Make the Site Available on the Internet
After you finish editing the website, make it available on the Internet. To let people see your site at your domain name, publish the website by clicking the corresponding button in the main menu. When you click this link, Presence Builder generates the static pages and scripts that comprise your website and places them in the appropriate locations on the server so that people see them when they enter your domain name in their browsers. Learn more about publishing websites in the section Publishing a Website to the Internet.
You can also attract more visitors to your sites by placing a site copy on Facebook - a popular social network. Refer to the section Publishing a Website Copy to Facebook for detailed instructions on how to do this.