For a description of this service, see our Domain Forwarding page , located here.
Domain Forwarding allows visitors to your domain name to be forwarded to another existing domain name. Domain Forwarding is Free with your registration or renewal.
Domain Forwarding Example:
- You have registered domain names such as sandwiches.ca and soups.ca
- You also have an existing website at xyzrestaurant.com
- By enabling Domain Forwarding on your registered domain names, when someone types sandwiches.ca or soups.ca into the address bar of their Internet browser, they get directed to oyour existing website at xyzrestaurant.com
To apply forwarding to your domain, perform the following steps within your Webnames.ca account
- Log into your Webnames.ca account
- Navigate to Account > Domain List
- Click on the domain in question
- Under the Domain Configuration heading, scroll down to Domain Value Bundle and Apply Domain Forwarding
- Click the Configure button
- Enter in the URL that you would like to forward your domain to (e.g. http://www.otherdomainname.com or http://www.otherdomainname.com/yoursite ).
- Optionally, you may utilize the Gripping option, which results in your domain name staying in your visitor's web browser address bar. With this option unchecked, the forwarding will result in the address bar updating as the visitor is forwarded from your domain to the destination site.
- Click Apply to save your changes
NOTE: To mirror subdirectories of your domain to the domain being forwarded to, include a forward slash at the end of the domain name you specify.