Domain names represent your business identity, brands, trademarks, and products online. Don't lose your critical online identity - make sure your domains are renewed in a timely manner.
Your domain names may be renewed at any time*. You do not have to wait until you receive your renewal notices to renew.
*Restrictions on some extensions may apply. See the domain-specific section of this FAQ for more information.
Webnames.ca customers can renew in the following ways:
To renew your Webnames.ca domain:
- Log in to your Webnames.ca account.
- Navigate to My Account> Popular Actions > Renew Domains
- Select the domains you wish to renew from the displayed list
- Click on Renew Selected in the bottom right.
- On the payment information page, select the desired method of payment and click Next.
- Provide payment information as prompted and click Submit Payment
- If a deferred payment method was selected (such as cheque or online banking), then payment information will be displayed on the screen.
- Upon receipt of payment, the domain renewal(s) will be processed and a receipt issued via email.
NOTE: If your domain does not appear on the Renew Domains page, it may either:
Telephone Support Hours
|Office and Mailing Address
Webnames.ca Inc. Suite 333 - 333 Terminal Ave. Vancouver, BC V6A 4C1
To set your domain to auto-renew each year:
- Login to Your Webnames.ca account.
- Navigate to My Account > Billing & Invoices > Manage Automatic Renewals.
- Click on the checkbox to the left of the domains you wish to change and click on Change Selected at bottom
- Choose Credit Card as the method of payment, and select an existing card or enter new card information
- Click Save to apply your new payment method.
|NOTE: To ensure continuity of service, Webnames processes all auto-renewals 30 days in advance of the domain renewal date. We will send you a reminder via email seven days in advance of the auto-renewal (37 days in advance of the domain renewal date) .|
Domain renewals are not reversible, and are not refundable.
Should an auto-renewal payment not be successful, we (re)process outstanding invoices on the following schedule:
- 4 weeks prior to renewal
- 2 weeks prior to renewal
- 1 week prior to renewal
- 24 hours prior to renewal
- On the day of renewal